Amant New York Residency 2021
Amant New York Residency 2021
Amant Foundation is an international private arts organization that fosters artistic experimentation and dialogue across disciplines through residencies and public programming at its two locales: the New York City borough of Brooklyn and the Tuscan village of Chiusure in the heart of Siena province.
In New York, Amant offers an interdisciplinary program of residencies, exhibitions, performance, workshops and film & lecture series that support the work of practitioners across diverse creative fields. Amant is also committed to participating in cultural partnerships with likeminded organizations and institutions in the US and abroad while also being committed to encouraging local community engagement through programming that explores and expands our understanding of contemporary art and culture.
In Siena, Amant provides independent living spaces and studios, state-of-the-art facilities, which we believe, will encourage resident artists to focus single-mindedly on their projects while also enjoying easy access to key Renaissance monuments.
The NYC Residency Program for international artists has three iterations—Fall, Winter, and Spring—and is the central focus of all the in-house activities. Four artists’ studios enable practitioners to pursue their individual artistic goals while also being closely integrated into the organization’s wider community programming during their three-month New York City visit. Amant takes pride in hosting artists at all stages of their careers and across a wide array of disciplines from the visual arts, literature, performance, filmmaking, and cultural theory with the singular belief that exchanging ideas and experiences about art production will enhance everyone’s work. The residents are actively encouraged to participate in workshops, presentations, and discussions in pursuit of that aim.
Amant is also committed to providing the residents with the full experience of living and working in New York by facilitating their connections to major institutions and key figures in the city’s world-renowned professional art scene. They hope that such advice and help may aid and abet their artistic practices. But above all else, Amant is steadfastly committed to providing residents with the time and support to explore and experiment within their practices.
The residency comprises:
- Individual studios, a communal area and outdoor space. The studios are situated within the main building, which also includes exhibition galleries, a library/reading room and a performance space to carry out rehearsals and other activities.
- Return economy flights and airport transfers to NY.
- A monthly stipend of $3,000.00 to offset the costs of accommodation, transport and day-to-day expenses. Amant studios are not residential.
- The opportunity to benefit from the expertise of the artistic team at Amant as being exposed to its exhibitions and event programs. In this regard, the residents will be asked to do a public program event during the course of the residency.
- Introducing residents through special meetings with local researchers and art professionals relevant to their needs, and access to a rich network of institutions in NY.
The application is online with a deadline December 18, 2020, 00:00 (EST). Applicants should submit a specific research proposal outlining their interests and intentions during the residency. Please read the FAQ before applying.