Air at Project12.0
Air at Project12.0
Project12.0 is a part of 12.0 Contemporary that is artists led platform in Islamabad. It offers a conducive environment for artistic and cultural exchange in Pakistan. It is a platform for a group mind to develop experimental, interdisciplinary and collaborative creative practices through it’s around the year artist in residence program with a focus on artistic development, research based and thematic residencies.
Project 12.0 invites applications for its artist in residence program. Artists, photographers and researchers working with the medium of photography or using photographic material in their artworks are encouraged to apply for 4 weeks long residency in Islamabad starting from 01 November 2019. Selected artists will get opportunity to stay at 12.0 Contemporary to develop their work/research through exploration and experimentation around various themes within the framework of urban cities, social identities and subaltern cultures in image production. The residency aims to address the notion of class identity, immigration and relation between the center and its peripheries. It intends to examine the role of class identity and subalternity in relation to urban cities and it’s politics. Resident artists will have opportunity to intermix with local and international artists to develop their work with their perspective encompassing the theme of the project.
Resident artists will be required to develop production of work as outcome of residency and present the results with the local community in form of an exhibition. Resident artists will have open days for public- fellow artists, scholars and professionals to provide talks about their practice (production process, methodology, research, techniques etc). Resident artists will donate one artwork to archive Project12.0.
- Selected artists will be provided with free accommodation in a shared apartment equipped with centrally heating and cooling system.
- Apartments are fully furnished with fully equipped kitchen, linen and laundry facility
- Reading room/ Tv lounge
- Wi-Fi , in house printer, multimedia, fax machine and photocopier
- Cleaning service
- Free Pick and drop from Islamabad International Airport
- AiR program covers the cost of studio space of 85m, shared with other artists during the residency period. All technical equipment or supplies must be provided/brought by the resident.
- Team 12.0 Contemporary will provide assistance and knowledge of local art scene, institutions, events, useful places to international artists.
The AiR Program covers accommodation, studio space, utility costs and exhibition expenses for the resident artists. Selected artists will be responsible for their visa, travel, insurance, material and production costs, food and daily expenses. Resident artists will be fully responsible for the overall planning and outcomes of their project.
Resident artists must follow the local laws and rules for the residency, when engaging in activities during their stay at AiR program. Team Project12.0 will work with artists on case to case basis to determine the suitable location for various projects and mediums.
Deadline for applying is 10 September 2019. Please email the complete application to [email protected] with the following documents:
- APPLICATION FORM_AiR_2019
- ID or passport (scanned copy)
- Recent CV
- Recent Portfolio (max 06 images)
- Project Proposal
- Letter of intent (reason for participation, contribution to community, expectation from the residency etc.)
- Supporting material to describe the residency project, as applicable (sample schedules, images/videos, weblinks, etc.)