Air at Project12.0
Air at Project12.0
Project12.0 is a part of 12.0 Contemporary that is artists led platform in Islamabad. It offers a conducive environment for artistic and cultural exchange in Pakistan. It is a platform for a group mind to develop experimental, interdisciplinary and collaborative creative practices through it’s around the year artist in residence program with a focus on artistic development, research based and thematic residencies.
Project 12.0 invites applications from local and international visual artists with strong professional working history, for its second residency that will take place in February-March 2020 for four weeks in Islamabad. The residency aims to focus themes around human and non-human agency in relation to nature and ecology. Human agency is derived from personal choices and decision making processes in daily life, whereas non-human system forming entities like plants, animals, minerals, climate materials, ideas and concepts are categorized as non-human agency. By virtue of these agencies the relationship of entities within a social/ecological system become meaningful. It influence broader social, ecological relations and structures responsible for action and change in ecological systems and processes (Dwiartama, 2014).
Resident artists will be required to develop production of work as outcome of residency and present the results with the local community in form of an exhibition. That is believed to help developing our understandings of human-environment relationship, questioning the role of human and non-human agency in relation to nature and ecology. Resident artists will have open days for public – fellow artists, scholars and professionals to provide talks about their practice (production process, methodology, research, techniques etc). Resident artist will donate one artwork to archive Project12.0.
- Selected artists will be provided with free accommodation in a shared apartment equipped with centrally heating and cooling system.
- Apartments are fully furnished with fully equipped kitchen, linen and laundry facility
- Reading room/ Tv lounge
- Wi-Fi , in house printer, multimedia, fax machine and photocopier
- Cleaning service
- Free Pick and drop from Islamabad International Airport
- AiR program covers the cost of studio space of 85m, shared with other artists during the residency period. All technical equipment or supplies must be provided/brought by the resident.
- Team 12.0 Contemporary will provide assistance and knowledge of local art scene, institutions, events, useful places to international artists.
The AiR Program covers accommodation, studio space, utility costs and exhibition expenses for the resident artists. Selected artists will be responsible for their visa, travel, insurance, material and production costs, food and daily expenses. Resident artists will be fully responsible for the overall planning and outcomes of their project.
Resident artists must follow the local laws and rules for the residency, when engaging in activities during their stay at AiR program. Team Project12.0 will work with artists on case to case basis to determine the suitable location for various projects and mediums.
Deadline for applying is 10 January 2020. Please email the complete application to [email protected] with the following documents:
- APPLICATION FORM_AiR_2020
- ID or passport (scanned copy)
- Recent CV
- Recent Portfolio (max 6 images)
- Project Proposal
- Letter of intent (reason for participation, contribution to community, expectation from the residency etc.)
- Supporting material to describe the residency project, as applicable (sample schedules, images/videos, weblinks, etc.)