Artists are provided with free accommodation in a beautiful, fully equipped studio in city centre, within walking distance from Titanik Gallery. The studio is suitable for a single artist or a couple.
The artists must fund all their living and working expenses, including food, transportation and material for exhibition
Please prepare an individual submission, including:
- Short, clear and realistic project plan (max one page). Please specify, whether you are planning to work on a new piece or continue an old one.
- Short motivation statement (max one page) with preferred dates of residency, and possible interest in hosting an exhibition, artist talk or other event.
- CV (max one page) plus artist’s homepage.
- Maximum of 10 minutes worth of work samples as a web link to the sample material.
- Samples of recent work as attachment files (3–5 pieces).
Please send your completed submission by e-mail to [email protected] by 15.3. 4 pm.
Titanik artist-in-residence programme offers one- to three-month residencies for sound artists, working in the intersection of sound and contemporary art.
Titanik residency is run by the Arte Artists’ Association in Turku, southwestern coast of Finland. Titanik A.i.R programme has been running since 2006, shifting it's focus to sound in 2013, which made it the first sound art residency in Finland.
Upon agreement, residency artists are also able host an exhibition in Titanik’s studio space, on Titanik’s website or public location.
Recidency artists are accommodated in Domus guesthouse, located only five minute walk away from the studio. The room is a double room with en-suite bathroom, fridge and internet access. There is a shared kitchen in the same floor.
The working space, 20m2, is adjoined to the contemporary art gallery Titanik (open to public Tue-Fri 12–18 pm and Sat-Sun 12–16 pm), located in the city centre, on the shore of the river Aura. The artists can work in the Titanik A.i.R. studio space 24/7.
The recidency provides audiovisual equipment and tools.
Turku is a city on the southwest coast of Finland with a population 178,784. Turku is a seaside town with a beautiful archipelago.