A monthly lump sum of 1,300 euros for a scholarship period of three to six months
Travelling expenses (to and from Germany)
Supplement for attendence of spouse in Germany
Health insurance (also for spouse and children)
German course (participation in a language course is expected)
Target group: Curators, Restorers, Museum technicians and Cultural managers from transforming and developing countries.
• Applicant must be from a country in transition or a developing country and must still be living there
• Hitherto no opportunity yet to work in Germany for an extended period of time
• Knowledge of either German or English.
• Basic Knowledge of German expected.
• Younger than 40 years old
• Completion of professional study or training within the last five years
• Applicant must no longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training
• Confirmation (in German) from a partner institution in Germany which has agreed to take on the scholar or initiate a joint project
• A reference from the applicant’s country of origin
• Applicants who were rejected once cannot re-apply
The Rave scholarships contribute to further practical training in arranging and realizing exhibitions. Twice a year the Rave Foundation awards these scholarships to curators, restorers, museum technicians and culture managers from second- and third-world developing countries. The scholarship holders are thus enabled to experience practical training or gratuitous collaboration within a German institution. The Rave scholarship is to be seen as an investment that will bear not just bear fruit in the short term, but in the long term as well. The scholarship-winner will not just acquire information, but will be able to participate actively in and then exploit the practical experience gained in Germany in his or her own home country.
Update my listing
If you see an error or omission on this page, please let us know by filling out the update form.
Add your experience
If you would like to share your experience with this residency, please let us know by filling out this form.