• Basic shared room and 2 cooked meals per day
• PKR 15,000/ stipend
Travel and local transport. Art materials.
• Cover sheet, with name, email, mobile number, permanent address.
• Provide maximum 500 words project proposal for the artist’s intent.
• 10 images of recent work, with size, medium and dates.
• Video artists may submit videos of maximum 5 minutes duration (Mac compatible).
• 2 referee names, with their mobile numbers and email addresses.
Put all of the above (except video) in one pdf file, not exceeding 5 mb.
4 to 5 artists will be finalized based on their achievements, good studio ethics, proactive, and independent nature. Collectives/collaborations are welcome to apply. A jury will select participants.
Murree Museum Artist's Residency focuses intently on the individual creative practices and collective activity aimed at preservation of the history and culture of Murree, and its inhabitants. This culminated in strengthening their sense of belonging and ownership of their heritage through planned activities, seminars and outreach programs, thereby benefitting the surrounding community and locality, and influencing Pakistan national identity.
A project, inspired by a vision to bring together the creative, cultural history of Pakistan. To create opportunities for Pakistani artists to participate in the new global art world. An international art community set in, and revitalizing the colonial beauty and simplicity of Murree, a Himalayan hill station community. The town readily unites culture, history and leisure. Murree brings out the uniqueness and candor of what makes the popular culture of Pakistan.
No spouses/partners, children and guests are allowed at the premises.