Individual travel expenses
Board, food, etc.
(1) Recommendation from a recommendation committee member (curators, art critics, others)
(2) Recommendation from an embassy, etc.
(3) Recommendation from a program member
(4) Recommendation from an artist-initiative network (Puddles)
(1) International personal interaction and exchange that reaches across differences in cultures and values (through residence program and artist-initiated activities)
(2) Further development of the Fujino Furusato Art Village Concept and stimulation of local culture
(3) Enlightened awareness of the natural environment
(4) Contact with high-quality art on a trial basis
Located at the northernmost edge of Kanagawa Prefecture, in a town surrounded by mountains and lakes. Close to the Tokyo metropolitan area but a fair amount of its natural surrounding remain.
Public transportation access Train: JR Chuo Line to the Fujino Station (approximately 70 minutes from Shinjuku) Car: Take Route 20 and the Chuo Expressway, and exit at the Sogami-ko Fujino Interchange.