Awaji Art Circus Executive Committee
Awaji Art Circus 2020
Based in Awaji Island, Awaji Art Circus (AAC) has three distinct missions:
- To develop art and culture on Awaji island and to create a chance for Japanese people to get to know international art of different genres.
- One is to bring about increase in population flow and local economic consumption leading to regional vitalization whilst utilizing local resources.
- The other is to let the world know the appeals of Awaji Island and more broadly Japan. AAC aims to become a new local tourism attraction and attract people from within and outside of Awaji Island.
Awaji Art Circus (AAC) is an international performing arts festival held annually since 2015 which is based in Awaji Island, considered as the Island of Japan’s Origin. Artists gather on Awaji Island from around the world and perform for about one month at multiple venues, schools and local events on the Island, as well as enjoy the history and nature of Awaji Island, experience its traditional culture and share the appeal of Awaji Island and Japan with the world.
International artists from around the world are asked to:
- Stay in Awaji Island and entertain visitors with your performance at various locations on the island; as well as
- Experience and enjoy the appeals of Awaji Island and be the messenger as you spread the word about the island through SNS etc.
Through AAC they aim to give opportunities for artists around the world to:
- Express themselves as street performers: carry yourself equipment and props, prepare yourself performance place, perform - do your favorite job and receive fixed payment, not only busking (!!!).
- Get to know Japan, gain new experience at a new place and interact with artists of various genres, as well as to contribute to fostering personnel in the field of art.
Shared-room accommodation will be provided for all participants (2 people per room, 3 maximum).
There will be rooms available for training and practice that are suitable for music, dance, and other types of performance. More space for communication purposes and use will also be provided.
A long island located in Seto Inland Sea, south of Hyogo Prefecture. It is the largest island in Seto Inland Sea and 11th largest island in Japan.