40 up to 60 euro a day. An invitation letter for funding can be received.
The Artist in Residence Villekulla Switzerland and Cape Town, South Africa, (member of the association artist in residence Switzerland) is primarily for visual artists and performance artists. Applications can be sent in by all artists from all over the world (Visual Arts: painting, drawing, photography, installation art, sculpture etc, Literary Arts: fictions, poetry, script writing, novel, short stories ect. Performing Arts: dancing, music, drama, physical theater ect.) All artist which are excepted can get an invitation letter for funding.
Send in a curriculum vitae, examples from your recent work, a project outline for your stay and a motivation letter. The stay is usually limited from 2 weeks up to 3 months.
Applications are to be sent to: [email protected]
- to promote contemporary art in all its diverse forms within an international context.
- to stimulate creativity through direct contact with other international artists and build up collaborations.
- to set up an exchange of ideas within various disciplines of contemporary art practice
- to establish workshops, exhibitions and performance possibilities.
- regular meetings from our international artist group in Zürich, workshops, performance evenings.
Double and single bedrooms available, bathroom, kitchen.
4 guest rooms, studios, performance possibility.
The house has four guest rooms, a garden with a large swimming pool, a large studio and plenty of space for encounters.
Surrounded by the Table Mountain National Park which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is located about 300m away from the beach on which many surfers gather each night to wait for the perfect wave. Kommetjie is a small, sunny fishing village on the Atlantic coast of the Cape Peninsula located close to Cape Town.