Toruń Cultural Agency AiR
Toruń Cultural Agency AiR
Toruń Cultural Agency is pleased to invite foreign artists to participate in the annual Artist Residency Program, aiming to encourage creating projects in the field of cultural education and other artistic activities involving citizens. The program is dedicated to professional foreign artists who want to realize their artistic and cultural project in Toruń. The program’s aim is to create inspiring work conditions that will enable realization of works of art, design and literature. The program also aims to enable artists to gain new experiences and skills. The program is dedicated especially to visual artists, designers, writers and poets. Since the Agency is willing to support artists already having a well-developed concept of their project, the duration of the residency is no longer than two weeks.
General conditions for the financial support:
- Toruń Cultural Agency will provide: accommodation with breakfast and one additional meal per day; reimbursment of travel expenses up to a maximum amount of 500 PLN gross (five hundred PLN gross); organization and promotion of meetings with the public, basic technical support in creating the artwork, organization and promotion of the exhibition/show at the end of the project.
- Financial support cannot include costs incurred before signing the agreement. Financial support also cannot include materials and services that were not used in the project.
- The selected artist and Toruń Cultural Agency will sign the agreement specifying obligations of both parties and terms of the provision of the support. The applicant is required to provide his/hers personal data necessary for the preparation of the agreement within 14 calendar days from the date of the publication of the selection results.
- Every year the expenditures related to the Artist residency project must be presented until 20th December.
- Submission of the final report and public presentation of the project results constitute an intergral part of the project.
The applicant is required to:
- cover transport, visa and insurance costs during his/her stay in Toruń,
- cover the costs of creating non-standard promotional materials,
- include the logo of Toruń Cultural Agency in promotional materials,
- inform the participants of the event about the financial support received from Toruń Cultural Agency,
- not to apply to the City of Toruń for financing the expenditures for the financial support under these regulations.
Please read carefully the regulations before applying. Artists will be selected on the basis of applications submitted via the electronic registration system, with deadline 15th December 2017. The application must include:
- Link to the artist’s website,
- Description of the proposed project (max. 2000 words),
- References from 2 professional artists or critics,
- Motivation letter.