Applications for Saari Residence
Applications for Saari Residence
The Saari Residence offers the opportunity for peace and tranquillity, and the possibility to focus on the creative work undisturbed. Saari Well is also an opportunity for artists and researchers working at the residence to meet, share, and leave their mark on each other’s thoughts, work and the Saari Residence. Residents can also participate on the projects of the Saari Residence’s Community Artist. The Community Artist works in the residence all year round. Researchers working under a Kone Foundation grant have the possibility of staying at the residence: in the winter, one apartment and workspace is reserved for a researcher, and research projects supported by the foundation may come and work in the main building of the Saari Residence for short, intensive periods.
Two-month individual residencies are intended for individual artists, translators, curators and critics and artistic collectives (work group or an established organization with a Business ID) of all disciplines and all nationalities for the purpose of carrying out a project proposal presented in advance. The two-month working periods for individual residencies take place during spring, autums and winter, and group residencies for 2 to 4 weeks take place during the months of May, June, July and August. Residency places can be applied for artistic work or work based on it. The organizers favour fields of art and subjects which are multidisciplinary, new, emerging from the marginal or outside the main stream.
Monthly grant for individual residency: Individual residency includes an apartment, a workspace and a monthly grant. The size of the individual monthly grant varies depending on experience. The grant is intended for living and travel expenses as well as other costs. Working and living at the Residence is a prerequisite for receiving the grant. Individual residency grant classification:
- Grant 1: beginning of career €2,400 /month
- Grant 2: mid-career €2,800 /month
- Grant 3: experienced artist €3,500 /month.
If the applicant applies for grant 2 or 3, the applicant must provide justification for the experience on the application form.
The support for group residency is awarded to the number of people and plan stated in the application. Groups can apply for assistance to cover living and travel expenses during their residency. Support can also be provided for any supplies required during the residency. Residency period includes also accommodation and a workspace. The group residencies will not be awarded monthly grants or wages.
- Apply for residency place by submitting your application with its attachments using the online application service
- The online service is open during 1st August until 15th August 16.00 Finnish time (Eastern European Summer Time, GMT + 3)
- Applications cannot be submitted after the deadline
- Only the applications submitted during the application period are considered
- Do not mail or e-mail the application to the Saari Residence or Kone Foundation
- Prepare the application in time, because the online service will become congested and slow down as the deadline approaches.
- Make sure you have submitted the application form online along with all the required supporting attachments. When you have sent the completed form, Sent will be displayed on the main page of the online applications service.