Res Artis is a network of over 490 centers, organisations, and individuals in over 70 countries from the artist-in-residence field. Each of our members is dedicated to offering artists, curators, and all manner of creative people the essential time and place away from the pressures and habits of every-day life, an experience framed within a unique geographic and cultural context.
Those interested in attending a residency can use the information and resources on Res Artis website, gaining insights into the profiles of our members and staying informed about their events and application deadlines.
The Res Artis Foundation aims to:
- Represent and advocate for the interests of the field of art residencies internationally
- Further develop the international network of organizations and individuals engaged in the field of art residencies
- Provide a platform for sharing insights, experiences, and ideas emerging within the field
- Provide art residency organisers with the means to define optimum conditions for cultural exchange by promoting artist mobility
The Foundation objectives are:
- To encourage an understanding of the work of artist residencies and their catalytic role in the development of art and ideas in the contemporary world
- To collect and provide information on artist residencies and artist-in-residency programmes
- To represent artist residencies’ interests to governmental agencies, international organisations, foundations and the corporate sector
- To provide expertise and advice to the artist residency field in response to their evolving needs
- To encourage diversity broadly and assist in the development of new artist residencies, particularly in underrepresented areas
- To bring about contacts, exchanges, and collaborations between artist residencies and artist-in-residence programmes
- To provide through its program of face-to-face meetings a periodic forum for sharing ideas on the theme of cultural exchange, free from censorship or restraint.