- Artist in Residence:
- AiR Related:
- Our Activities:
- Do It Yourself:
- AiR Platform NL:
Can Serrat International Art Centre
Can Serrat is an international centre for artists, art students, musicians writers, architects and others, who may benefit from temporarily moving their activity to an old farm-house in Spain. It offers a place where artists work and reside in a communicative environment. The infrastructure can be particularly of use for schools, workshops, courses and other artistic practices.
Equipment which can be used free of charge by artists includes: easels, drawing boards and some tools.
· A wine cellar (260 m2) has been converted into multi-use studio with facilities for printmaking and performance.
· 3 large (shared) painting/multi-use studios (35, 50 and 75 m2.).
· Ample outdoor workspace (both covered and open).
· 8 rustic but charming bedrooms of various sizes located on the first floor.
. Linen and towels are provided upon arrival and residents can use the washine machine located in the bathroom area free of charge to wash their sheets, towels and other personal belongings during their stay.
· It is expected that each individual clean their bedroom during their stay and before departure.
· Can Serrat being an old farmhouse, the rooms aren't equipped with private bath: a community bathroom with sinks and showers is available on the ground floor, and is cleaned on a daily basis on week days